In TrueNorth, Maps are made up of layers. Adding, removing, and editing layers is one of the core features of the software.
For convenience, a layer can be configured and stored as a layer template. This makes adding and removing layers very simple. This is different from a map template which stores a collection of layers as a map.
To add a layer to a map use the following steps
- Choose the Map tab on the ribbon
- Choose “Add Layer”
- The Add Layer dialog will open
- You can browse layers by category
- Double clicking on a layer template on the right hand side will add the layer
- Selecting the layer and then clicking “OK” will add the layer