A plugin in TrueNorth is a way to extend the functionality of the main application in some way. TrueNorth is designed in such a way as most of the functionality is contained within plugins.
Plugins come in a number of categories
- Import plugins read in map data from files, databases or online sources
- Export plugins write out map data to files, databases or online.
- Image export allows you to save
- Print plugins send map data to printers in different ways
- Layer plugins present mapping data on a map layer
- Feature layer draws features and annotations on a map
- Tile layers uses online, offline, or cached map tiles to draw a map
- Tracking layer uses position of remote devices to draw locations and statuses on a map.
- GPS Tracking layer shows the current position from an attached, or on board GPS or location sensor.
- User Interface plugins give the user some new function or interactive element on the screen
- Current Position Plugin draws a large display showing the coordinates of the current cursor position in a window.
- GPS control shows satellites and signal quality of an attached GPS device
- Rendering plugins change the way objects are drawn on a layer