You can create a layer template to store a layer configuration for later re-use or to share with other users.
First, either create a new layer, load one from a template. Configure the layer as you like, then follow these steps to save a layer template:
- Open the Layers Panel by clicking the Layer button on the Map Tab.
- Right click on the layer you want to save
- Choose “Save Layer Template”
- The Save Layer Template dialog box will open
- By default the box opens in the Layer Template directory
- Saving the layer template in this directory will result in the layer showing up in the Add Layer Template dialog box
- If you save it in another directory it will not show up on the Add Layer Template dialog box.