GPS units record Tracks and Waypoints and you need to import those things into TrueNorth for display.
- On the main menu choose “Import => Garmin Import”
- The “Detect GPS” dialog will briefly show while TrueNorth attempts to detect a GPS attached to the system
- If a GPS is attached the “Import from GPS” dialog will show, allowing you to select a GPS to import from.
- Select a GPS and hit “OK”
- If a GPS is not detected, the “Import from GPS” dialog will show, but no GPS units will be shown in the drop-down box
- Hit the “Refresh” button to re-scan for GPS units
- If no GPS unit is detected, check that the GPS unit is connected, the proper drivers are installed and that the GPS unit is turned on.
- A dialog will display the data on the GPS that is available for import.
- select the items you wish to import.
- You can sort by name or date
- Hit “OK” and the data will import
There can be some issues connecting a Garmin GPS to you computer
- Check that your USB cable works.
- Check that you have the Garmin GPS drivers installed.
- Check that your GPS unit is turned on.
- If you see no data to import, use the GPS to verify there’s tracks and waypoints stored on the unit.